PHOTOS & WORDS: ZOE LONDON
FINDING BLOG INSPIRATION CAN BE SO HARD. WELL I'VE BEEN COMPILING THIS LIST FOR SOME TIME - SO HERE YOU GO. FIFTY BLOG INSPIRATION IDEAS!
Sometimes the hardest part of blogging is consistently having to come up with your own individual ideas. As the New Year draws in, some of us pre-existing bloggers are mulling over our content plan for 2015, while perhaps some of you sat at home are thinking "hey, I should start a blog!" Power to you, do it. Well it's never easy and it can be hard at first to get thinking of ideas if you're stuck in a rut or trying to find your voice. I've been thinking of some great new blog post ideas for a while and hopefully these ideas will get you started. Don't say I don't spoil you!
1. Rummage through someone else's makeup bag.
2. Shop for a new outfit with just £20/$20 in your pocket.
3. Dream of all the places you want to visit in the world, and why.
4. Share all your favourite bloggers in a post, too!
5. Music lover? Why not compile a list of some albums you love.
6. Step out of your makeup comfort zone with something new - and blog it.
7. Shop your stash of makeup at home, find new ways to use old products you forgot you owned.
8. Go for a walk where you live and take photographs. Find beauty in what's around you.
9. Be honest! Tell us what's on your mind and how you feel.
10. If you're travelling, tell us where you ate! I love food recommendations.
11. Cook, and share your dinner recipe.
12. Get your friend to style you in her clothes for a new outfit post.
13. Hand make something and show us the DIY steps to doing it.
14. Going out? Do a photo version of a 'Get Ready With Me' YouTube style.
15. Shoestring budget? No worries. Tell us how you save money!
16. Write a heartfelt piece on who inspires you.
17. Take photos of your blogging space!
18. I love making Spotify playlists to listen to. Try making one of your own.
19. Review something a little outside of the box - a movie, a book, an unusual product.
20. Share your tips on your career path and how you got there.
21. Got a particular bath time routine? Share it!
22. Show the contents of your bathroom cabinet. Love to be nosy!
23. Tell a personal story of something that's happened in your life.
24. Think about your goals and dreams, jot them down and share them!
25. Do an outfit post inspired by another blogger you love to read.
26. Post about a gig you went to and review the band you saw.
27. Share a cocktail or drink recipe - not enough blogs do this! I love drinking!
28. If you go out for dinner, take your camera too and review the restaurant.
29. If you're away on holiday, share tips on travelling to the country you visited.
30. Advice on managing your money on rent and the cost of living is always a good topic to cover.
31. Maybe photography is your thing - lend others a hand with some photography tips.
32. Blog about things you don't always see covered - why not try video games for starters?
33. Head into town with a friend and go shopping for each other. Share what you found!
34. Muse on something that happened to you and blog your emotions on how you felt about it.
35. Head somewhere totally new near where you live and share what you found.
36. Have a pet? Blog about your pet! Always post about your pet! People love animals! Ha.
37. Share your own blogging advice, like this post here. Ooh inception.
38. If you dye your hair, go through the steps you take to achieve your finished look.
39. Show the apps you have downloaded to your smartphone.
40. Flying? Share your inflight tips for nervous travellers.
41. Share your hobby with us, I love reading unique hobby posts.
42. Try the charity shop challenge and try and buy a full outfit from charity shops.
43. Compile some of your favourite old posts into one new post.
44. Love makeup? Try an artistic makeup look, and show the tutorial.
45. Go to your local high street and blog about some of the independent stores.
46. Share some quotes and posts that make you feel inspired and happy.
47. Massively into home ware? Share photos of a room in your house.
48. Take a colour and make a post themed on it. Clothes, makeup, you name it.
49. Get your boyfriend or a boy you know to have a go at your makeup!
50. Lastly, blog about what makes you happy. Remember your individuality. Share it.
I hope these little prompts maybe inspired you or pushed a little button in your brain to help you think of something new to blog about going forward! If you're starting a new blog - good luck - and if you're stuck in a little rut, don't worry. It happens to all of us! Let me know if this helped or inspired you in the comments and definitely share your results with me on twitter!